Manual Handling Training
What is Manual handling?
- Pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying
- Is a structured and systematic way of addressing risks of manual handling injuries
- The Actions and Movements that cause most problems in manual handling are lifting, twisting, bending, pushing and pulling
After this training, you should be able to…
- Identify manual handling tasks that require risk assessment.
- Recognise and understand that there are many factors contributing to manual handling risks
- Prevent manual handling injuries through design of tasks, work areas, equipment and work processes
- Develop appropriate control measures for tasks that have been assessed as risks
- It is important that you understand the reasons for doing the job with the least risk and decide the best way to go about the task